Apple Chicken Salad Recipe
The Healthy Kids Cookoff is contest program from the City of St. Louis Department of Health which promotes a healthier lifestyle by submitting your family's recipe to the Healthy Kids Cook-Off Contest. This is one of the 3 winners from the 2016 Healthy Kids Cookoff. For more info and all recipe submissions, go to HealthyKidsCookoff.org.
- 2 lean chicken breasts
- 5 celery sticks
- 3/4 red onion (medium)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 small red apple
- wheat bread for sandwiches
- Chop the chicken breasts, red onion, celery and apple into small cubes.
- Combine all the chopped ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix the ingredients together.
- The salad may be eaten on wheat bread or wheat crackers as desired.